First Quarter Resolution Update

Here we are, closing in on the end of the first quarter of 2013. It has been an interesting year so far, full of busy-ness that I hadn't expected.

However, I did have some expectations for what I wanted to accomplish by the end of this year, so I thought it might be a good time to review progress so far on my resolutions I made at the first of the year.

For review's sake, Here is the original post of my Goals and Resolutions.

1.  Lose at least 15 pounds. Not a good report here. Although I have been monitoring my weight weekly, I have not lost an appreciable weight.  Of course, I have not gained any appreciable weight either.  I'll take maintenance as a positive thing, and since the weather is warming up, I'll start walking my neighborhood soon.

2.  Read through the Bible in a Year. I can't say that I have been terribly consistent with this either, but I rather than beat myself up over the lack of consistency and then quit, I have found that with thWord on the Street paraphrase I can catch up quickly, so I haven't really gotten behind.

3.  Be More Creative. I have recently submitted a new setting to Asparagus Jumpsuit for consideration. However, I can't really count this, as it's a project I worked on a couple of years ago with someone else.  No, I'm afraid I'm more frustrated with this than anything else. I get home from my grown-up responsibilities, and the last thing I want to do is expend more brain power, even if its on something creative that I want to do. I must overcome this.


4.  Our Dream Vacation.Sadly, all of the tours we've looked at are still just out of our price range.  We may have to scale these plans back, at least for now.


5.  Be more intentional in my faith. Again, one that's been hit and miss, although I feel like its been more hit than miss, which is encouraging. I do find that I seem to be more spiritually weak when I'm physically and mentally exhausted.  One of the things I've been thinking a lot about lately is that mankind is tripartite in his makeup.  That is, people are composed of spirit, mind and body (cf. Matthew 22:37).  There is a unity in the three parts that when we focus on one area and ignore the others, we do harm to the person as a whole. So I plan to monitor that and be on guard when that occurs.


This is a good way for me to accountable, so Look for another update in three months or so!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Review] Daredevil (Marvel/Netflix TV series)

Why Geekklesia

Max Headroom: Thirty-Year Celebration Reblog - Future Tense